The Conservatives have been delivering your local priorities at Hertfordshire County Council for nearly 20 years. Hertfordshire is one of the country's best performing local authorities, consistently providing high quality services and sensible financial management. Some of our key achievements include:
- Helping people through COVID-19, supporting our most vulnerable residents.
- Delivering a cleaner, greener county, with a Sustainable Hertfordshire Strategy backed by £22m in funding.
- Growing Hertfordshire's economy, with plans for 100,000 new jobs by 2031.
- Providing an outstanding education, with 89% of schools good or outstanding.
- Keeping Hertfordshire moving, with investment in roads and busses.
And many more, including:
- Opposing Luton Airport's massive expansion plans.
- Providing Free School Meals during the holidays.
- Building the new Katherine Warington School.
- Working on Hitchin Train Station access from the East.
- Delivering new, improved tips and recycling centres.
- Investing in our roads, with £37m funding over 5 years.
- Supporting social care with more than £12m in funding.
- Spending £44m on fire and community protection.
- Managing our local libraries and archives.
- Transforming our SEND provision.
You can find out more about what we've done for Hertfordshire by clicking the "Our Record" link in the left hand menu.
In May, you have a choice: strong Conservative leadership, delivering for Hertfordshire; or a Labour and Liberal Democrat Council which would put all of the hard work of the last twenty years at risk. If we are re-elected, a Conservative Council will:
- Drive COVID recovery.
- Deliver a sustainable future.
- Help us all to stay healthy.
- Support children and the vulnerable.
- Secure the infrastructure we need.
- Share in growth and prosperity.
Find out how we'll do that in "Our Plan" on the left hand menu.
You have a great team of local candidates, who are committed to delivering for Hertfordshire and our local communities. They are:
Beric Read in Colney Heath and Marshalswick;
David Williams in Harpenden North East;
Annie Brewster in Harpenden Rural;
Teresa Heritage in Harpenden South West;
John Bishop in Hitchin North;
David Barnard in Hitchin Rural;
Derrick Ashley in Hitchin South;
Richard Thake in Knebworth and Codicote; and
George Davies in Royston West and Rural
You can find out more about them by clicking on their profiles on the left-hand side of this page. I hope that we can rely on your support on Thursday 6th May.
Conservative Group Leader, Hertfordshire County Council