County Councillor for Hitchin South
A resident of Hitchin for over 40 years, Derrick Ashley has been a leading member of Conservative administrations in Hertfordshire for more than 20 years and his leadership has delivered strong, financially sound governance widely praised as one of the best in the country. A familiar face in the centre of Hitchin, locally he has a reputation for getting things done and his intervention has ensured that Hitchin has enjoyed substantial investment over the past 4 years whether that be additional school places through the expansion of popular schools, additional pedestrian crossings, or traffic schemes. An illustration of his ability to deliver was the successful pursuit of village green status for Benslow field a few years ago - one of the few councillors in the country to achieve this. Derrick is asking for your support once again to continue to pursue the interests of Hitchin at County Hall.
Re-elect Derrick Ashley for continued action on your behalf.
A highly respected local & regional campaigner Derrick has:
- Strongly supported more expenditure on our worn out roads - complete resurfacing of Wymondley Road at a cost of £130k as a result of Derrick’s lobbying.
- Ensured that new school places were delivered in William Ransom, Samuel Lucas, Hitchin Boys and Hitchin Girls.
- Delivered local traffic schemes.
- Spearheaded locality budgets to ensure gaps in provision were plugged.
- Supported young people through his involvement in several local charities.
Get in Touch with Derrick
Address: 12 Nuns Close, Hitchin SG5 1EP
Telephone: 01462 450892