The Local Government Boundary Commission has this morning published its final recommendations for the new electoral arrangements for St Albans City & District Council. This new warding pattern will come into effect at a set of all out elections in May 2022.
Constituents in Hitchin & Harpenden will see a number of changes, with only Harpenden West ward remaining entirely unchanged. The new wards will be as follows, with any changes outlined in brackets:
- Harpenden East (with a small number of changes along the border with Harpenden North).
- Harpenden North & Rural (taking in the Harpenden Rural Parish, along with the aforementioned changes along its boundary with East).
- Harpenden South (taking in a small portion of Wheathampstead Parish)
- Harpenden West
- Marshalswick West (a portion of Sandridge Parish from Hitchin & Harpenden will be transferred into this new ward)
- Marshalswick East & Jersey Farm (Jersey Farm and properties along Coopers Green Lane will form part of this new ward)
- Redbourn (now just consisting of Redbourn Parish and the portion of St Michael Parish north of the River Ver, centred around Childwick Green)
- St Stephen (properties along Ragged Hall Lane will be moved into St Stephen from Redbourn)
- Verulam (the portion of St Michael Parish south of the River Ver will be moved into Verulam)
- Wheathampstead & Sandridge (the majority of Wheathampstead Parish combined with the majority of the Sandridge Village parish ward)
You can see the full recommendations, including maps, at the LGBCE's website here.